Pro-Russian militants deny fleeing Ukraine base
London: Pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukraine have denied reports of fleeing from Sloviansk, a media report said Saturday.
Ukraine`s Interior Minister Arsen Avakov Friday posted on his Facebook page that a large number of pro-Russian militants had left their base in Sloviansk, BBC reported.
Avakov also said that the military commander of the self-declared Donetsk Peoples` Republic (DPR), Igor Strelkov, was among those leaving, but this was not confirmed.
In response, a DPR spokesman denied that the militants had left Sloviansk.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko Friday said that he was ready to return to a ceasefire provided it was observed by both sides, all hostages were freed and borders secured by government forces.
Ukrainian officials said Friday they had proposed indirect talks with rebel leaders but were still waiting for a response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!