Putin defends Russia`s right to sell arms
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday Moscow will continue selling arms to legitimate partners on the global market.
Speaking at a meeting of governmental commission for military, Putin said Moscow thoroughly estimated situation in the regions it sold arms to, Xinhua reported.
Restrictions on arms shipment could only be imposed by the UN security council, Putin said, adding that no one could order Russia to whom and how it might trade otherwise.
Russia sold arms and military equipment worth $10.7 billion as of Oct 1, 2012, Putin said, adding by yearend the total export will exceed the level of $13.2 billion in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’