Rabbi David Hartman dies at 81
Jerusalem: Rabbi David Hartman, one of the world`s leading Jewish philosophers and a promoter of diversity among Jewish theological trends, has died.
He was 81.
The Shalom Hartman Institute, founded by the rabbi more than 30 years ago, said Hartman died today after a long illness.
The Brooklyn-born Hartman held rabbinical posts in the US and Canada before immigrating to Israel in 1971. He was known for his efforts to promote understanding between Jews of various affiliations both inside and outside Israel.
He was widely published and won numerous prizes, including the 1977 National Jewish Book Award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding