Rabbi David Hartman dies at 81
Jerusalem: Rabbi David Hartman, one of the world`s leading Jewish philosophers and a promoter of diversity among Jewish theological trends, has died.
He was 81.
The Shalom Hartman Institute, founded by the rabbi more than 30 years ago, said Hartman died today after a long illness.
The Brooklyn-born Hartman held rabbinical posts in the US and Canada before immigrating to Israel in 1971. He was known for his efforts to promote understanding between Jews of various affiliations both inside and outside Israel.
He was widely published and won numerous prizes, including the 1977 National Jewish Book Award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation