Rabbi David Hartman dies at 81
Jerusalem: Rabbi David Hartman, one of the world`s leading Jewish philosophers and a promoter of diversity among Jewish theological trends, has died.
He was 81.
The Shalom Hartman Institute, founded by the rabbi more than 30 years ago, said Hartman died today after a long illness.
The Brooklyn-born Hartman held rabbinical posts in the US and Canada before immigrating to Israel in 1971. He was known for his efforts to promote understanding between Jews of various affiliations both inside and outside Israel.
He was widely published and won numerous prizes, including the 1977 National Jewish Book Award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM