Racy Catholic calendar angers Spain church leaders
Sant Joan: A Roman Catholic youth group in Spain came up with a risqué idea to raise money: pose nearly nude for a calendar recreating scenes from the Passion of Christ.
The group has almost sold out of the EUR 10 (USD 13) 2011 calendars and is considering another print run. But Mallorca`s Bishop Jesus Murgui is blasting the effort as showing disrespect for the most important Catholic date.
"The calendar trivialises Easter," the Bishop`s office said in an e-mail on Friday.
Members of the Davallament Catholic group of young adults say the calendar`s popularity shows they have support.
They paid EUR 1,500 for 300 calendars and will use profits to buy material for their work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea