Ramadan begins in UAE
Abu Dhabi: The Islamic holy month of Ramadan began on Friday in the United Arab Emirates, the UAE Ramadan Moon-sighting Committee announced.
July 19 was the last day of the month of Sha`ban.
The committee led by Justice Minister Hadef bin Joan Al Dhahiri congratulated President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and other rulers of the emirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire
- 14 dead due to sudden flooding in US state of West Virginia
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship