Ramadan begins in UAE
Abu Dhabi: The Islamic holy month of Ramadan began on Friday in the United Arab Emirates, the UAE Ramadan Moon-sighting Committee announced.
July 19 was the last day of the month of Sha`ban.
The committee led by Justice Minister Hadef bin Joan Al Dhahiri congratulated President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and other rulers of the emirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss