Rebekah Brooks` lawyer says she is not guilty
London: The lawyer for Rupert Murdoch`s former British chief, Rebekah Brooks, says she is not guilty of any criminal offense, and police face serious questions about why she was arrested on suspicion of phone hacking and bribery.
Lawyer Stephen Parkinson says Brooks was held and questioned for nine hours on Sunday, but detectives did not accuse her of any crimes.
He said Monday that police would "have to give an account of their actions" considering "the enormous repuational damage" Brooks` arrest had caused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months