Rebekah Brooks` lawyer says she is not guilty
London: The lawyer for Rupert Murdoch`s former British chief, Rebekah Brooks, says she is not guilty of any criminal offense, and police face serious questions about why she was arrested on suspicion of phone hacking and bribery.
Lawyer Stephen Parkinson says Brooks was held and questioned for nine hours on Sunday, but detectives did not accuse her of any crimes.
He said Monday that police would "have to give an account of their actions" considering "the enormous repuational damage" Brooks` arrest had caused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram