Republican opposition to Susan Rice begins to crack
Washington: Republican opposition to the possible nomination of Susan Rice to be US secretary of state is showing signs of cracking.
Arizona Senator John McCain now says he`d be willing to meet with Rice, the current UN ambassador, and consider her much-scrutinised explanation about how the September 11 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, unfolded.
McCain has said Republican senators would do "whatever is necessary" to block Rice if President Barack Obama were to nominate her to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton at the State Department.
Today, McCain was asked on "Fox News Sunday" if Rice could change his mind. McCain said "sure" and that he`d like to meet with her.
McCain and other Republicans have accused the White House of distorting the deadly Benghazi attack for political gain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog