Rift surfaces over Nelson Mandela’s last resting place
London: Former South Africa president Nelson Mandela’s family is embroiled in a rift following the surprise exhumation and reburial of his two sons and daughter.
The family wanted the bodies of all of Mandela’s close relatives in one spot.
They were dug up from a plot in Mandela’s home village of Qunu in South Africa and taken 12 miles to the village of Mandela’s birth, Mvezo.
The move means it is highly likely that Mandela will eventually be buried at Mvezo, the Daily Star reports.
Mandela’s grandson and ANC MP, Mandla Mandela, who is the chief of the area, ordered the exhumations.
The move has angered family members and has thrown arrangements for Madiba’s funeral in Qunu into disarray.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra