Rift surfaces over Nelson Mandela’s last resting place
London: Former South Africa president Nelson Mandela’s family is embroiled in a rift following the surprise exhumation and reburial of his two sons and daughter.
The family wanted the bodies of all of Mandela’s close relatives in one spot.
They were dug up from a plot in Mandela’s home village of Qunu in South Africa and taken 12 miles to the village of Mandela’s birth, Mvezo.
The move means it is highly likely that Mandela will eventually be buried at Mvezo, the Daily Star reports.
Mandela’s grandson and ANC MP, Mandla Mandela, who is the chief of the area, ordered the exhumations.
The move has angered family members and has thrown arrangements for Madiba’s funeral in Qunu into disarray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday