Rockets hit Israel; Gaza militant killed
Jerusalem: Israeli airstrikes killed one Gaza militant and injured 17 people in the coastal strip on Saturday.
In the meantime, a rocket from the Palestinian territory injured one Israeli.
A military spokesman said Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff Lt Gen Benny Gantz has convened "an urgent meeting" to discuss ways of dealing with the Palestinian attacks.
Gaza militants fired over 20 rockets and mortar shells on Saturday alone, bringing the week`s rocket tally to about 150.
Over a million people living in southern Israel are in range of the rockets.
The Israeli military has told people there to make sure they can get to a bomb shelter quickly. An Israeli was seriously wounded on Saturday when a Gaza rocket smashed through a factory roof. Several other Israelis were injured in Palestinian rocket attacks this past week.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan