Rockets hit Israel; Gaza militant killed
Jerusalem: Israeli airstrikes killed one Gaza militant and injured 17 people in the coastal strip on Saturday.
In the meantime, a rocket from the Palestinian territory injured one Israeli.
A military spokesman said Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff Lt Gen Benny Gantz has convened "an urgent meeting" to discuss ways of dealing with the Palestinian attacks.
Gaza militants fired over 20 rockets and mortar shells on Saturday alone, bringing the week`s rocket tally to about 150.
Over a million people living in southern Israel are in range of the rockets.
The Israeli military has told people there to make sure they can get to a bomb shelter quickly. An Israeli was seriously wounded on Saturday when a Gaza rocket smashed through a factory roof. Several other Israelis were injured in Palestinian rocket attacks this past week.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset