Rockets hit Israel; Gaza militant killed
Jerusalem: Israeli airstrikes killed one Gaza militant and injured 17 people in the coastal strip on Saturday.
In the meantime, a rocket from the Palestinian territory injured one Israeli.
A military spokesman said Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff Lt Gen Benny Gantz has convened "an urgent meeting" to discuss ways of dealing with the Palestinian attacks.
Gaza militants fired over 20 rockets and mortar shells on Saturday alone, bringing the week`s rocket tally to about 150.
Over a million people living in southern Israel are in range of the rockets.
The Israeli military has told people there to make sure they can get to a bomb shelter quickly. An Israeli was seriously wounded on Saturday when a Gaza rocket smashed through a factory roof. Several other Israelis were injured in Palestinian rocket attacks this past week.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah