Rockets hit Israel; Gaza militant killed
Jerusalem: Israeli airstrikes killed one Gaza militant and injured 17 people in the coastal strip on Saturday.
In the meantime, a rocket from the Palestinian territory injured one Israeli.
A military spokesman said Israel Defence Forces Chief of Staff Lt Gen Benny Gantz has convened "an urgent meeting" to discuss ways of dealing with the Palestinian attacks.
Gaza militants fired over 20 rockets and mortar shells on Saturday alone, bringing the week`s rocket tally to about 150.
Over a million people living in southern Israel are in range of the rockets.
The Israeli military has told people there to make sure they can get to a bomb shelter quickly. An Israeli was seriously wounded on Saturday when a Gaza rocket smashed through a factory roof. Several other Israelis were injured in Palestinian rocket attacks this past week.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH