Rodman says Kim Jong-un wants ‘basketball, not war’ with Obama
London: Dennis Rodman, who is known as the ‘bad boy’ of basketball, has returned from North Korea with a message from its leader Kim Jong-un for President Barack Obama - ‘lets talk about basketball’.
Speaking on his return from North Korea, the unlikely diplomat said that ‘he loves basketball. ... I said Obama loves basketball. Let`s start there’ as a way to warm up relations between the US and North Korea.
He said Kim Jong-un ‘asked him to give Obama something to say and do one thing.’
He wants Obama to call him, Rodman told ABC News.
According to the Independent, Rodman also said Kim told him that he does not ‘want to do war’.
The State Department had criticised North Korea last week for “wining and dining” Rodman while its own people go hungry.
The department also said recently that it has no plans to debrief Rodman for any personal intel on Kim Jong Un.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says