Roosevelt the best first lady, Michelle Obama fifth: Scholars
New York: A survey of academics has found that Eleanor Roosevelt was America`s best first lady. Michelle Obama ranks fifth.
The findings from the Siena College/C-SPAN poll were released yesterday.
Hillary Clinton dropped from fourth to sixth since the last survey in 2008.
Abigail Adams kept her second place standing, and Jacqueline Kennedy retained third place. Dolley Madison was fourth.
Clinton is seen as the former first lady with the most presidential potential.
The poll is based on interviews with 242 historians, political scientists and other scholars questioned from Oct 10 to Nov 25 by mail and online.
The Siena College survey has been conducted five times since 1982. Roosevelt has come out on top each time.
This year`s poll is being released alongside C-SPAN`s "First Ladies" TV series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur