Roosevelt the best first lady, Michelle Obama fifth: Scholars
New York: A survey of academics has found that Eleanor Roosevelt was America`s best first lady. Michelle Obama ranks fifth.
The findings from the Siena College/C-SPAN poll were released yesterday.
Hillary Clinton dropped from fourth to sixth since the last survey in 2008.
Abigail Adams kept her second place standing, and Jacqueline Kennedy retained third place. Dolley Madison was fourth.
Clinton is seen as the former first lady with the most presidential potential.
The poll is based on interviews with 242 historians, political scientists and other scholars questioned from Oct 10 to Nov 25 by mail and online.
The Siena College survey has been conducted five times since 1982. Roosevelt has come out on top each time.
This year`s poll is being released alongside C-SPAN`s "First Ladies" TV series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months