Roosevelt the best first lady, Michelle Obama fifth: Scholars
New York: A survey of academics has found that Eleanor Roosevelt was America`s best first lady. Michelle Obama ranks fifth.
The findings from the Siena College/C-SPAN poll were released yesterday.
Hillary Clinton dropped from fourth to sixth since the last survey in 2008.
Abigail Adams kept her second place standing, and Jacqueline Kennedy retained third place. Dolley Madison was fourth.
Clinton is seen as the former first lady with the most presidential potential.
The poll is based on interviews with 242 historians, political scientists and other scholars questioned from Oct 10 to Nov 25 by mail and online.
The Siena College survey has been conducted five times since 1982. Roosevelt has come out on top each time.
This year`s poll is being released alongside C-SPAN`s "First Ladies" TV series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing