Roosevelt the best first lady, Michelle Obama fifth: Scholars
New York: A survey of academics has found that Eleanor Roosevelt was America`s best first lady. Michelle Obama ranks fifth.
The findings from the Siena College/C-SPAN poll were released yesterday.
Hillary Clinton dropped from fourth to sixth since the last survey in 2008.
Abigail Adams kept her second place standing, and Jacqueline Kennedy retained third place. Dolley Madison was fourth.
Clinton is seen as the former first lady with the most presidential potential.
The poll is based on interviews with 242 historians, political scientists and other scholars questioned from Oct 10 to Nov 25 by mail and online.
The Siena College survey has been conducted five times since 1982. Roosevelt has come out on top each time.
This year`s poll is being released alongside C-SPAN`s "First Ladies" TV series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP