Russia buries victims of twin blasts
Moscow: The funerals of dozens of victims of horrific metro blasts on Thursday took place in their home towns of Moscow, Krasnodar and Kaluga regions, even as 88 injured are still undergoing treatment in hospitals here.
Funerals were held at cemeteries in Moscow and other cities as the country mourned the 39 victims killed when two female suicide bombers blew themselves up on the Moscow metro on Monday.
Some of the bodies were also dispatched to the Far East region of Yauktia and Tajikistan for burial, the ITAR-TASS news agency quoted municipal officials as saying.
Meanwhile, three days after the attacks, a total of 88 injured are still undergoing treatment in ten clinics.
"A total of 95 people received injuries of varying degrees, 88 of them are hospitalised at present," the Press office of Emergency situations Ministry said.
According to Health and Social Development Ministry, two injured in the blasts are in critical conditions, while condition of another 16 injured is grave.
The number of injured has gone up as many passengers, who initially refused medical help later asked for their hospitalisation due to worsening condition.
Among the killed at Park Kultury station was a senior officer of the Black Sea Fleet, who was in Moscow on official tour.
Last evening, over three thousand people gathered at Lubyanka square and lit candles and flowers to pay tributes to the victims of the Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem