Russia, Israel talk to build new drone
Moscow: Russia and Israel are negotiating a joint project to build an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has said.
"We are negotiating with Israel. Our aim is to persuade them to start technological cooperation and to develop a product that will be used in both countries, and could also be sold to third countries," Rogozin told the Rossia-24 TV channel.
Russia will no longer buy ready-made weapon systems from the West but is only interested in new technology, said Rogozin, who is responsible for the country`s military-industrial department.
"Technology should be attracted by localizing production on Russian territory," he said.
In May, a source in the Russian defence industry said Moscow may buy a large new consignment of unmanned aerial vehicles from Israel and 24 command and control systems worth around USD 50 million in the future.
The Israel Aerospace Industries previously delivered to Russia two Bird Eye-400, eight I-View Mk150 and two Searcher Mk.2 unmanned aerial vehicles, worth USD 53 million.
The Defence Ministry was also considering the possibility of purchasing from an Israeli company, Aeronautics Defence Systems, three types of UAV control systems -- eight of each -- Orbiter 2, Aerostar and Skystar, the source said.
Given that each such system can service two to three UAVs, "between 48 and 72 Israeli UAVs may be bought", the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH