Russia rejects Georgia`s concerns over Black Sea drills
Moscow: Moscow has dismissed Tbilisi`s condemnation of Russian military drills in the Black Sea region.
The Georgian Foreign Ministry said in a statement Friday that Russia`s actions "are at odds with the interests of stability" in Europe and could be viewed as a "proportional reaction to possible threats".
On Monday, the Russian foreign ministry said Georgia`s assertion was groundless and out of synch with its declared commitment to normalise its relationship with Russia.
Russian foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich described Tbilisi`s reaction as "the public inflation of a Russian threat to cover its own confrontational policy."
Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the snap drills Thursday, as concerns persist over the combat readiness of the armed forces in Russia.
The Black Sea exercise, which ended Sunday, involved up to 7,000 military personnel, including rapid deployment, airborne and special task forces, more than 30 warships, about 250 armoured vehicles, up to 20 pieces of artillery and 20 aircraft.
Under international law, exercises of this size do not need to be announced to other countries in advance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic