Russia to deploy new Su-34 bombers
Moscow: Russia has said it will deploy five Su-34 frontline bombers in an air base near Voronezh city, Xinhua reported.
Su-34 bomber is a warplane of a four-plus generation, with the operational range of 4,000 km and a maximum speed of 1,900 km per hour.
"Five Su-34 multi-purpose frontline bombers have left Novosibirsk aircraft building plant to Voronezh, a distance of over 3,000 km," a spokesperson with the Russian Western Military District said Tuesday.
According to the authorities, Novosibirsk plant in southern Russia will deliver 10 aircraft in total to Voronezh.
The Russian defence ministry said early this year Sukhoi, Russia`s leading aircraft builder, would build 92 frontline bombers for the Russian forces under a newly signed contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read