Russia to deploy new Su-34 bombers
Moscow: Russia has said it will deploy five Su-34 frontline bombers in an air base near Voronezh city, Xinhua reported.
Su-34 bomber is a warplane of a four-plus generation, with the operational range of 4,000 km and a maximum speed of 1,900 km per hour.
"Five Su-34 multi-purpose frontline bombers have left Novosibirsk aircraft building plant to Voronezh, a distance of over 3,000 km," a spokesperson with the Russian Western Military District said Tuesday.
According to the authorities, Novosibirsk plant in southern Russia will deliver 10 aircraft in total to Voronezh.
The Russian defence ministry said early this year Sukhoi, Russia`s leading aircraft builder, would build 92 frontline bombers for the Russian forces under a newly signed contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report