Russia to deploy new Su-34 bombers
Moscow: Russia has said it will deploy five Su-34 frontline bombers in an air base near Voronezh city, Xinhua reported.
Su-34 bomber is a warplane of a four-plus generation, with the operational range of 4,000 km and a maximum speed of 1,900 km per hour.
"Five Su-34 multi-purpose frontline bombers have left Novosibirsk aircraft building plant to Voronezh, a distance of over 3,000 km," a spokesperson with the Russian Western Military District said Tuesday.
According to the authorities, Novosibirsk plant in southern Russia will deliver 10 aircraft in total to Voronezh.
The Russian defence ministry said early this year Sukhoi, Russia`s leading aircraft builder, would build 92 frontline bombers for the Russian forces under a newly signed contract.
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission