Russia to deploy new Su-34 bombers
Moscow: Russia has said it will deploy five Su-34 frontline bombers in an air base near Voronezh city, Xinhua reported.
Su-34 bomber is a warplane of a four-plus generation, with the operational range of 4,000 km and a maximum speed of 1,900 km per hour.
"Five Su-34 multi-purpose frontline bombers have left Novosibirsk aircraft building plant to Voronezh, a distance of over 3,000 km," a spokesperson with the Russian Western Military District said Tuesday.
According to the authorities, Novosibirsk plant in southern Russia will deliver 10 aircraft in total to Voronezh.
The Russian defence ministry said early this year Sukhoi, Russia`s leading aircraft builder, would build 92 frontline bombers for the Russian forces under a newly signed contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt