Russia to lift EU vegetables ban
Brussels: Russia has agreed to lift a ban on EU vegetables imposed over an E.coli outbreak and exports are expected to resume this week, the European Commission announced on Wednesday.
Russian authorities signed the agreement on Wednesday during a visit by European Union health commissioner John Dalli, who was dispatched by the EU`s executive arm to convince Moscow to make good on a pledge to lift the ban.
"We are heading towards an immediate resumption of European vegetables, based on EU certificates that will explain to the Russian authorities that in each EU state there are labs and a surveillance and verification system," said Frederic Vincent, the commission`s health spokesman.
"Exports will be able to resume this week, maybe tomorrow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen