Russia to lift EU vegetables ban
Brussels: Russia has agreed to lift a ban on EU vegetables imposed over an E.coli outbreak and exports are expected to resume this week, the European Commission announced on Wednesday.
Russian authorities signed the agreement on Wednesday during a visit by European Union health commissioner John Dalli, who was dispatched by the EU`s executive arm to convince Moscow to make good on a pledge to lift the ban.
"We are heading towards an immediate resumption of European vegetables, based on EU certificates that will explain to the Russian authorities that in each EU state there are labs and a surveillance and verification system," said Frederic Vincent, the commission`s health spokesman.
"Exports will be able to resume this week, maybe tomorrow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside