Russia to lift EU vegetables ban
Brussels: Russia has agreed to lift a ban on EU vegetables imposed over an E.coli outbreak and exports are expected to resume this week, the European Commission announced on Wednesday.
Russian authorities signed the agreement on Wednesday during a visit by European Union health commissioner John Dalli, who was dispatched by the EU`s executive arm to convince Moscow to make good on a pledge to lift the ban.
"We are heading towards an immediate resumption of European vegetables, based on EU certificates that will explain to the Russian authorities that in each EU state there are labs and a surveillance and verification system," said Frederic Vincent, the commission`s health spokesman.
"Exports will be able to resume this week, maybe tomorrow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi