Russia to lift EU vegetables ban
Brussels: Russia has agreed to lift a ban on EU vegetables imposed over an E.coli outbreak and exports are expected to resume this week, the European Commission announced on Wednesday.
Russian authorities signed the agreement on Wednesday during a visit by European Union health commissioner John Dalli, who was dispatched by the EU`s executive arm to convince Moscow to make good on a pledge to lift the ban.
"We are heading towards an immediate resumption of European vegetables, based on EU certificates that will explain to the Russian authorities that in each EU state there are labs and a surveillance and verification system," said Frederic Vincent, the commission`s health spokesman.
"Exports will be able to resume this week, maybe tomorrow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations