Russia warns of arms race if Romney wins US polls
Moscow: A victory in the US presidential elections for Mitt Romney could lead to a new arms race as the Republican candidate considers Russia to be America`s "No 1 geopolitical foe", Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich has said.
"If Mr. Romney wins the presidential election, the US could fall back to a time when the bulk of revenues goes to a small group of people and military programmes are prioritized," Dvorkovich said at a forum in Ukraine Saturday.
"Unfortunately, military programmes will play an increasing role in Russia as well, if this happens," he said.
Dvorkovich reiterated, though, that Russia was ready to work with any person elected by the American people as president.
The US presidential elections will be held Nov 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media