Russia warns of arms race if Romney wins US polls
Moscow: A victory in the US presidential elections for Mitt Romney could lead to a new arms race as the Republican candidate considers Russia to be America`s "No 1 geopolitical foe", Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich has said.
"If Mr. Romney wins the presidential election, the US could fall back to a time when the bulk of revenues goes to a small group of people and military programmes are prioritized," Dvorkovich said at a forum in Ukraine Saturday.
"Unfortunately, military programmes will play an increasing role in Russia as well, if this happens," he said.
Dvorkovich reiterated, though, that Russia was ready to work with any person elected by the American people as president.
The US presidential elections will be held Nov 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India