Russia warns of arms race if Romney wins US polls
Moscow: A victory in the US presidential elections for Mitt Romney could lead to a new arms race as the Republican candidate considers Russia to be America`s "No 1 geopolitical foe", Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich has said.
"If Mr. Romney wins the presidential election, the US could fall back to a time when the bulk of revenues goes to a small group of people and military programmes are prioritized," Dvorkovich said at a forum in Ukraine Saturday.
"Unfortunately, military programmes will play an increasing role in Russia as well, if this happens," he said.
Dvorkovich reiterated, though, that Russia was ready to work with any person elected by the American people as president.
The US presidential elections will be held Nov 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves