Russia warns of arms race if Romney wins US polls
Moscow: A victory in the US presidential elections for Mitt Romney could lead to a new arms race as the Republican candidate considers Russia to be America`s "No 1 geopolitical foe", Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich has said.
"If Mr. Romney wins the presidential election, the US could fall back to a time when the bulk of revenues goes to a small group of people and military programmes are prioritized," Dvorkovich said at a forum in Ukraine Saturday.
"Unfortunately, military programmes will play an increasing role in Russia as well, if this happens," he said.
Dvorkovich reiterated, though, that Russia was ready to work with any person elected by the American people as president.
The US presidential elections will be held Nov 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list