Russian government gets `C` grade in poll
Moscow: Russians quizzed in an opinion poll released Friday gave their government the unflattering equivalent of a "C" grade for overall performance.
The government, headed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, scored 3.2 out of five in the poll, where a five would equal an "A" grade in Western parlance.
In other findings in the poll carried out by state-run Public Opinion Foundation, 31 percent of respondents said the government, which began work in May 2012, was functioning worse than they had expected.
Just four percent said it was operating better than they had expected.
However, 71 percent said the current government was working no worse than the previous cabinet, headed by Vladimir Putin before his return as president last year.
Valery Fedorov, head of the pollster, said that around 20 percent of respondents considered the government`s work over the past year "unsuccessful", while a similar number believed otherwise.
The most popular minister was Sergei Shoigu, the current defence minister and former emergencies minister.
The poll comes amid mounting media speculation that Putin is preparing to dismiss the government, after he was shown on a leaked video criticising senior officials.
The opinion poll was carried out among 1,600 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic