Russian government gets `C` grade in poll
Moscow: Russians quizzed in an opinion poll released Friday gave their government the unflattering equivalent of a "C" grade for overall performance.
The government, headed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, scored 3.2 out of five in the poll, where a five would equal an "A" grade in Western parlance.
In other findings in the poll carried out by state-run Public Opinion Foundation, 31 percent of respondents said the government, which began work in May 2012, was functioning worse than they had expected.
Just four percent said it was operating better than they had expected.
However, 71 percent said the current government was working no worse than the previous cabinet, headed by Vladimir Putin before his return as president last year.
Valery Fedorov, head of the pollster, said that around 20 percent of respondents considered the government`s work over the past year "unsuccessful", while a similar number believed otherwise.
The most popular minister was Sergei Shoigu, the current defence minister and former emergencies minister.
The poll comes amid mounting media speculation that Putin is preparing to dismiss the government, after he was shown on a leaked video criticising senior officials.
The opinion poll was carried out among 1,600 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video