Russian lawmaker blames `American exceptionalism` for US Navy shipyard shooting
Washington: A Russian official has blasted `American exceptionalism` for the Washington`s Navy Yard shooting.
Alexey Pushkov, a member of the Russian parliamentary foreign affairs committee, tweeted on Monday, saying the deadly shooting confirms the worst about the United States.
"A new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington - a lone gunman and 7 corpses. Nobody`s even surprised anymore," he tweeted.
According to the Huffington Post, he continued that the U.S. should part with the notion of American exceptionalism. It contradicts the principles of equal rights and smells of political racism.
`Exceptional` Americans! Some of you have just proved that you are really exceptional - first of all, by your level of hatred and animosity, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users