Russian lawmaker blames `American exceptionalism` for US Navy shipyard shooting
Washington: A Russian official has blasted `American exceptionalism` for the Washington`s Navy Yard shooting.
Alexey Pushkov, a member of the Russian parliamentary foreign affairs committee, tweeted on Monday, saying the deadly shooting confirms the worst about the United States.
"A new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington - a lone gunman and 7 corpses. Nobody`s even surprised anymore," he tweeted.
According to the Huffington Post, he continued that the U.S. should part with the notion of American exceptionalism. It contradicts the principles of equal rights and smells of political racism.
`Exceptional` Americans! Some of you have just proved that you are really exceptional - first of all, by your level of hatred and animosity, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price