Russian lawmaker criticised over nude photo
Moscow: A regional legislator in Russia`s far eastern Primorye region faces a reprimand for indecent behaviour for posting his photo in the nude in a blog post on how he spent his vacation.
In the photo, Communist Artyom Samsonov covered his genitals with a diving mask. The photo was taken on a deserted beach in Thailand and was available on his Livejournal blog.
But the gesture did not save him from the rage of his colleagues.
The party`s regional branch is looking into Samsonov`s actions and will likely slap him with a reprimand for indecent behaviour, a party secretary said.
Bloggers said it was not the first time Samsonov posted nude photos of himself shot on vacation, the Primamedia.ru website reported. However, no web links were provided.
Samsonov travelled to Thailand with his family in April, four months after becoming a legislator. His blog report of the trip, posted in June, contains no explicit material.
He, however, posed with local transvestites for a couple of shots under the watchful gaze of his wife and child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai