Russian lawmaker criticised over nude photo
Moscow: A regional legislator in Russia`s far eastern Primorye region faces a reprimand for indecent behaviour for posting his photo in the nude in a blog post on how he spent his vacation.
In the photo, Communist Artyom Samsonov covered his genitals with a diving mask. The photo was taken on a deserted beach in Thailand and was available on his Livejournal blog.
But the gesture did not save him from the rage of his colleagues.
The party`s regional branch is looking into Samsonov`s actions and will likely slap him with a reprimand for indecent behaviour, a party secretary said.
Bloggers said it was not the first time Samsonov posted nude photos of himself shot on vacation, the Primamedia.ru website reported. However, no web links were provided.
Samsonov travelled to Thailand with his family in April, four months after becoming a legislator. His blog report of the trip, posted in June, contains no explicit material.
He, however, posed with local transvestites for a couple of shots under the watchful gaze of his wife and child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!