Russian lawmaker criticised over nude photo
Moscow: A regional legislator in Russia`s far eastern Primorye region faces a reprimand for indecent behaviour for posting his photo in the nude in a blog post on how he spent his vacation.
In the photo, Communist Artyom Samsonov covered his genitals with a diving mask. The photo was taken on a deserted beach in Thailand and was available on his Livejournal blog.
But the gesture did not save him from the rage of his colleagues.
The party`s regional branch is looking into Samsonov`s actions and will likely slap him with a reprimand for indecent behaviour, a party secretary said.
Bloggers said it was not the first time Samsonov posted nude photos of himself shot on vacation, the Primamedia.ru website reported. However, no web links were provided.
Samsonov travelled to Thailand with his family in April, four months after becoming a legislator. His blog report of the trip, posted in June, contains no explicit material.
He, however, posed with local transvestites for a couple of shots under the watchful gaze of his wife and child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor