S Arabia: Man gets 200 lashes for providing women makeup, haircut
Riyadh: A Lebanese man has been sentenced to 200 lashes in Saudi Arabia for secretly visiting the homes of women to cut their hair and apply their make-up.
The beautician, who is also a tattoo artist nicknamed the ‘master of tattoos’ by his clients, was also sentenced to one year in prison for tattooing women.
Members of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (A Hai`a) caught the man during an undercover sting operation in the western city`s Al-Rawdah district.
According to the Saudi Gazette, he was stopped while walking into what he thought was a client`s house with hair dyes and scissors.
The unnamed man claimed the products and tools were for use in his hairdressing shop in Lebanon, The Daily Mail reports.
Investigators from the Investigation and Prosecution Bureau in Jeddah, however, found text messages from female customers on his mobile phone, as well as images of women with tattoos and business cards.
According to the report, his bags were also reported to contain breast firming and skin whitening creams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'