S Korea slams `unjustifiable` North action on Kaesong
Seoul: North Korea`s decision to pull its workers out of the Kaesong joint industrial zone and suspend all commercial operations at the complex "cannot be justified," South Korea said Monday.
"North Korea`s unilateral decision to push ahead with this measure cannot be justified in any way and North Korea will be held responsible for all the consequences," the Unification Ministry`s spokesman said in a statement.
"The Korean government will calmly but firmly handle North Korea`s indiscreet action and we will do our best to secure the safety of our people and the protection of our property," the spokesman said.
More than 300 South Koreans have left Kaesong and returned to the South since North Korea banned South Korea access to the complex last Wednesday.
The Unification Ministry said 475 South citizens were still staying at the complex as of Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi