Saldanha inquest delayed till September, Aussie DJ to appear
London/Melbourne: One of the two Australian radio jockeys involved in a prank phone call to a UK hospital treating a pregnant Kate Middleton, that apparently led to the suicide of Jacintha Saldanha, on Monday said she will appear at the now-delayed inquest into the India-born nurse`s death.
RJ Mel Greig has decided to appear at the British inquest into Saldanha`s death, that was today adjourned till September.
Greig`s announcement came after The Sunday Times yesterday reported that 46-year-old Saldanha had left a hand-written note blaming Greig and her fellow DJ Michael Christian for her death.
The proceedings to examine the events leading up to the death of Saldanha found hanged in her room days after receiving a hoax call relating to a pregnant Kate, were due to begin at Council House Chambers in London on Thursday.
Saldanha`s body also had marks on her wrist and an initial inquest hearing had found no suspicious circumstances into her death.
"It is now scheduled for September 12. The delay is to do with issues about paperwork," a Westminster Coroner`s Court spokesperson said.
Greig said that she was "determined to answer any questions surrounding her role in these tragic events" and would appear at the inquest in person or by video link.
"Ms Greig wants the family to know she will answer any questions the coroner or the family`s lawyers may have," her lawyers, Slater & Gordon, said in a statement.
"Ms Greig fully understands their need for answers, which is why she has taken this step to appear as an individual at the inquest. She is determined to address any questions surrounding her role in these tragic events as part of the inquest," the statement added.
Her colleague Christian, who resumed broadcasting work in February, has said he does not intend to make an individual statement.
Grieg`s statement comes a day after `The Sunday Times` reported that Saldanha had directly blamed the two radio jockeys for her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt