Serbia issues arrest warrant for suspected Nazi
Belgrade: Serbia has issued an international warrant for the arrest of an alleged Nazi war crimes suspect who lives in the United States.
A Serbian court said on Friday that 88-year-old Peter Egner is suspected of war crimes against Jews in Belgrade during the German occupation of Serbia in World War II.
Egner allegedly had served in a Nazi unit that killed about 17,000 civilians in 1941 and 1942. Serbian prosecutors say the unit used a specially designed van in which they gassed the victims with carbon monoxide.
Egner lives in a retirement community outside Seattle. The US authorities have moved to revoke his US citizenship, saying he had lied about his past in the application in 1960s.
Egner has denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing