Serbia issues arrest warrant for suspected Nazi
Belgrade: Serbia has issued an international warrant for the arrest of an alleged Nazi war crimes suspect who lives in the United States.
A Serbian court said on Friday that 88-year-old Peter Egner is suspected of war crimes against Jews in Belgrade during the German occupation of Serbia in World War II.
Egner allegedly had served in a Nazi unit that killed about 17,000 civilians in 1941 and 1942. Serbian prosecutors say the unit used a specially designed van in which they gassed the victims with carbon monoxide.
Egner lives in a retirement community outside Seattle. The US authorities have moved to revoke his US citizenship, saying he had lied about his past in the application in 1960s.
Egner has denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured