Serbia issues arrest warrant for suspected Nazi
Belgrade: Serbia has issued an international warrant for the arrest of an alleged Nazi war crimes suspect who lives in the United States.
A Serbian court said on Friday that 88-year-old Peter Egner is suspected of war crimes against Jews in Belgrade during the German occupation of Serbia in World War II.
Egner allegedly had served in a Nazi unit that killed about 17,000 civilians in 1941 and 1942. Serbian prosecutors say the unit used a specially designed van in which they gassed the victims with carbon monoxide.
Egner lives in a retirement community outside Seattle. The US authorities have moved to revoke his US citizenship, saying he had lied about his past in the application in 1960s.
Egner has denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble