Serbia should not sign Kosovo accord: Deputy PM
Belgrade: Serbia should refuse to sign an EU-brokered proposal on easing tensions with Kosovo, but continue talks with Pristina, Deputy Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said on Monday.
"Our suggestion to the government of Serbia is that... we do not sign what does not take into consideration even the minimum of our national interests," Vucic told reporters after a meeting of his SNS party leadership.
However, the SNS, which is senior partner in the ruling coalition, believes that "the government should propose the urgent and immediate continuation of talks" with Kosovo, Vucic said.
The Serbian government was to meet later on Monday to give a final response to EU-sponsored talks with Kosovo, following last week`s meeting in Brussels in which Belgrade and Pristina failed to find common ground on how to defuse their longstanding tensions.
Both sides are expected to respond to EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton -- who has chaired the eight rounds of talks between the Serbian and Kosovo delegation -- by Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II