Serbia should not sign Kosovo accord: Deputy PM
Belgrade: Serbia should refuse to sign an EU-brokered proposal on easing tensions with Kosovo, but continue talks with Pristina, Deputy Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said on Monday.
"Our suggestion to the government of Serbia is that... we do not sign what does not take into consideration even the minimum of our national interests," Vucic told reporters after a meeting of his SNS party leadership.
However, the SNS, which is senior partner in the ruling coalition, believes that "the government should propose the urgent and immediate continuation of talks" with Kosovo, Vucic said.
The Serbian government was to meet later on Monday to give a final response to EU-sponsored talks with Kosovo, following last week`s meeting in Brussels in which Belgrade and Pristina failed to find common ground on how to defuse their longstanding tensions.
Both sides are expected to respond to EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton -- who has chaired the eight rounds of talks between the Serbian and Kosovo delegation -- by Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America