Sinai militants plan attack on tourists: Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s government is telling its citizens to immediately leave Egypt`s Sinai desert peninsula, citing warnings of planned attacks against them.
Spokesman Ofir Gendelman said on Saturday that the country has "concrete information" that militants intend to attack Israeli tourists in coming days.
Gendleman wouldn`t provide further detail or say how many Israeli tourists are in the nearby Sinai, a popular destination. He said doing so would endanger their security.
Israel has had in place for years a general warning not to go to the Sinai, but urgent alerts to leave have stepped up as post-revolutionary Egypt grapples with security problems. In August militants crossed from the Sinai into Israel and killed eight people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed