Six injured as police helicopters collide in LA area
Two police helicopters have collided over a helipad, leaving five police officers and a civilian with minor injuries, officials said.
Police believed the collision occurred when the rotator blades of a chopper that was landing and one that was taking off touched, Lt Phlunte Riddle said.
The collision caused the blade of one of the helicopters to fall off and its tail to break.
The injured were taken to hospitals for further evaluation after the 4 pm collision in Altadena yesterday. Riddle said they included five police officers and a civilian observer in one of the two Bell OH-58A helicopters.
One helicopter crew was on routine patrol and the other was assigned to monitor traffic from the UCLA-Southern California football game at the Rose Bowl, she said.
The weather was drizzly and cloudy at the time of the accident.
FAA spokesman Allen Kenitzer said his agency and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan