Six killed in car accident on German highway
Berlin: German police say six people were killed and five others injured in a traffic accident in foggy weather on a highway in the country`s southwest.
Local police said in a statement the accident occurred Sunday morning after a car apparently drove in the wrong direction and crashed head-on with a van near the city of Offenburg.
The six people in the van and the driver heading the wrong way died. One person from the other cars suffered serious injuries, four others were slightly injured.
Police say two more vehicles couldn`t break on time and crashed into the others.
The accident occurred close to the French border, some 30 kilometres south of Strasbourg.
Police did not release the victims` identities in line with German privacy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!