Six killed in car accident on German highway
Berlin: German police say six people were killed and five others injured in a traffic accident in foggy weather on a highway in the country`s southwest.
Local police said in a statement the accident occurred Sunday morning after a car apparently drove in the wrong direction and crashed head-on with a van near the city of Offenburg.
The six people in the van and the driver heading the wrong way died. One person from the other cars suffered serious injuries, four others were slightly injured.
Police say two more vehicles couldn`t break on time and crashed into the others.
The accident occurred close to the French border, some 30 kilometres south of Strasbourg.
Police did not release the victims` identities in line with German privacy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video