Six nations to meet in Kazakhstan on Iran`s N-programme
Munich: The sextet of international mediators - Britain, China, France, Russia, the US and Germany -- will hold talks with Iran on its disputed nuclear programme in Kazakhstan Feb 25, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said Sunday.
"I have good news, I heard yesterday (Saturday) that P5+1 or EU3+3 will be meeting in Kazakhstan on February 25," Xinhua quoted Salehi as saying at the Munich Security Conference.
The Iranian minister said he took with "positive consideration" America`s proposal to hold direct talks with Iran.
"We are ready for negotiations" as long as "the other side this time comes with ... fair and real intentions", Salehi said.
UN Security Council members have urged Iran to freeze its uranium enrichment programme, after Tehran recently announced plans to install new centrifuges at its Natanz nuclear facility.
This has caused concern because the new centrifuges might allow Iran to refine large amounts of uranium to higher levels of purity, which would be suitable for a nuclear bomb, rather than fuel for an atomic power plant or other peaceful uses.
The group of international mediators, known as P5+1, held three rounds of talks over the nuclear issue last year.
The US, Israel and some of their allies accuse Iran of using its nuclear energy programme to build nuclear weapons.
Iran rejects these allegations, arguing as a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and member of the IAEA, it is entitled to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt