Six nations to meet in Kazakhstan on Iran`s N-programme
Munich: The sextet of international mediators - Britain, China, France, Russia, the US and Germany -- will hold talks with Iran on its disputed nuclear programme in Kazakhstan Feb 25, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said Sunday.
"I have good news, I heard yesterday (Saturday) that P5+1 or EU3+3 will be meeting in Kazakhstan on February 25," Xinhua quoted Salehi as saying at the Munich Security Conference.
The Iranian minister said he took with "positive consideration" America`s proposal to hold direct talks with Iran.
"We are ready for negotiations" as long as "the other side this time comes with ... fair and real intentions", Salehi said.
UN Security Council members have urged Iran to freeze its uranium enrichment programme, after Tehran recently announced plans to install new centrifuges at its Natanz nuclear facility.
This has caused concern because the new centrifuges might allow Iran to refine large amounts of uranium to higher levels of purity, which would be suitable for a nuclear bomb, rather than fuel for an atomic power plant or other peaceful uses.
The group of international mediators, known as P5+1, held three rounds of talks over the nuclear issue last year.
The US, Israel and some of their allies accuse Iran of using its nuclear energy programme to build nuclear weapons.
Iran rejects these allegations, arguing as a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and member of the IAEA, it is entitled to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali