Smoking bag found on international flight in Texas
Houston: A baggage handler in Houston
discovered a ruptured, smoking suitcase while unloading
luggage from an international flight, drawing fire crews and
bomb specialists to examine the bag. Officials later said it
posed no threat.
The baggage handler reported hearing a "pop" and seeing
vapour coming from inside the bag as luggage was taken off KLM
Royal Dutch Airlines Flight 661, which had arrived at George
Bush Intercontinental Airport from Amsterdam, airport
spokeswoman Marlene McClinton said yesterday. The Boeing
747-400 was set to make a return trip later in the day.
The handler carried the bag away from the plane and
terminal and called authorities.
Bomb crews hit the suitcase with a water gun and examined
it yesterday, Assistant Fire Chief Jack Williams said. He said
there was no explosion and no injuries.
McClinton said authorities determined the bag posed no
threat and airport operations weren`t affected. She said
Houston police had matched the bag to a passenger, but did not
know whether the passenger was detained.
KLM is cooperating with the investigation, said Anthony
Black, a spokesman for KLM partner Delta Air Lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3