Smoking bag found on international flight in Texas
Houston: A baggage handler in Houston
discovered a ruptured, smoking suitcase while unloading
luggage from an international flight, drawing fire crews and
bomb specialists to examine the bag. Officials later said it
posed no threat.
The baggage handler reported hearing a "pop" and seeing
vapour coming from inside the bag as luggage was taken off KLM
Royal Dutch Airlines Flight 661, which had arrived at George
Bush Intercontinental Airport from Amsterdam, airport
spokeswoman Marlene McClinton said yesterday. The Boeing
747-400 was set to make a return trip later in the day.
The handler carried the bag away from the plane and
terminal and called authorities.
Bomb crews hit the suitcase with a water gun and examined
it yesterday, Assistant Fire Chief Jack Williams said. He said
there was no explosion and no injuries.
McClinton said authorities determined the bag posed no
threat and airport operations weren`t affected. She said
Houston police had matched the bag to a passenger, but did not
know whether the passenger was detained.
KLM is cooperating with the investigation, said Anthony
Black, a spokesman for KLM partner Delta Air Lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das