Snipers targeting children in Libya city: UNICEF
Geneva: The UN children`s agency says snipers are targeting children in the besieged rebel-held Libyan city of Misrata.
UNICEF spokeswoman Marixie Mercado told reporters in Geneva on Friday that the global body has received "reliable and consistent reports of children being among the people targeted by snipers in Misrata”.
She was unable to say how many children have been wounded or killed by snipers in Libya`s third-largest city.
The UN has warned of a dire situation in the rebels` last major foothold in the Gaddafi-controlled western half of Libya.
It says hundreds of people in Misrata have been killed and wounded and that residents are running short of water, food and medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das