Snipers targeting children in Libya city: UNICEF
Geneva: The UN children`s agency says snipers are targeting children in the besieged rebel-held Libyan city of Misrata.
UNICEF spokeswoman Marixie Mercado told reporters in Geneva on Friday that the global body has received "reliable and consistent reports of children being among the people targeted by snipers in Misrata”.
She was unable to say how many children have been wounded or killed by snipers in Libya`s third-largest city.
The UN has warned of a dire situation in the rebels` last major foothold in the Gaddafi-controlled western half of Libya.
It says hundreds of people in Misrata have been killed and wounded and that residents are running short of water, food and medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez