Snipers targeting children in Libya city: UNICEF
Geneva: The UN children`s agency says snipers are targeting children in the besieged rebel-held Libyan city of Misrata.
UNICEF spokeswoman Marixie Mercado told reporters in Geneva on Friday that the global body has received "reliable and consistent reports of children being among the people targeted by snipers in Misrata”.
She was unable to say how many children have been wounded or killed by snipers in Libya`s third-largest city.
The UN has warned of a dire situation in the rebels` last major foothold in the Gaddafi-controlled western half of Libya.
It says hundreds of people in Misrata have been killed and wounded and that residents are running short of water, food and medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi