Soldier charged with looting Turk ship: Israeli military
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says a soldier has been charged with looting the lead ship in a Gaza blockade-busting flotilla stopped by Israeli naval commandos in a bloody raid at the end of May.
The military said in a statement that the soldier is accused of stealing equipment from the Mavi Marmara ship after it was towed to an Israeli port. The statement late Thursday said the soldier`s actions "directly contradict the Israeli military`s moral standards”.
Nine Turkish pro-Palestinian activists were killed when raiding Israeli naval commandos were attacked and opened fire. Both sides say they acted in self-defence.
The bloody raid set off an outcry and forced Israel to ease its blockade of Gaza, aimed at weakening Gaza`s Hamas rulers and preventing weapons shipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered