Soldier charged with looting Turk ship: Israeli military
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says a soldier has been charged with looting the lead ship in a Gaza blockade-busting flotilla stopped by Israeli naval commandos in a bloody raid at the end of May.
The military said in a statement that the soldier is accused of stealing equipment from the Mavi Marmara ship after it was towed to an Israeli port. The statement late Thursday said the soldier`s actions "directly contradict the Israeli military`s moral standards”.
Nine Turkish pro-Palestinian activists were killed when raiding Israeli naval commandos were attacked and opened fire. Both sides say they acted in self-defence.
The bloody raid set off an outcry and forced Israel to ease its blockade of Gaza, aimed at weakening Gaza`s Hamas rulers and preventing weapons shipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery