Soldier charged with looting Turk ship: Israeli military
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says a soldier has been charged with looting the lead ship in a Gaza blockade-busting flotilla stopped by Israeli naval commandos in a bloody raid at the end of May.
The military said in a statement that the soldier is accused of stealing equipment from the Mavi Marmara ship after it was towed to an Israeli port. The statement late Thursday said the soldier`s actions "directly contradict the Israeli military`s moral standards”.
Nine Turkish pro-Palestinian activists were killed when raiding Israeli naval commandos were attacked and opened fire. Both sides say they acted in self-defence.
The bloody raid set off an outcry and forced Israel to ease its blockade of Gaza, aimed at weakening Gaza`s Hamas rulers and preventing weapons shipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you