Soldier charged with looting Turk ship: Israeli military
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says a soldier has been charged with looting the lead ship in a Gaza blockade-busting flotilla stopped by Israeli naval commandos in a bloody raid at the end of May.
The military said in a statement that the soldier is accused of stealing equipment from the Mavi Marmara ship after it was towed to an Israeli port. The statement late Thursday said the soldier`s actions "directly contradict the Israeli military`s moral standards”.
Nine Turkish pro-Palestinian activists were killed when raiding Israeli naval commandos were attacked and opened fire. Both sides say they acted in self-defence.
The bloody raid set off an outcry and forced Israel to ease its blockade of Gaza, aimed at weakening Gaza`s Hamas rulers and preventing weapons shipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents