Soldiers tried to steal grenades: Salvadoran Army
San Salvador: The Salvadoran Army says it has arrested two officers and four soldiers for trying to steal 1,812 hand grenades to sell to drug traffickers.
Defence Minister General David Munguia says the months-long operation was a major blow to a deep-rooted criminal group that was stealing the country`s weaponry.
Munguia did not release the names of the accused in a press conference on Friday.
The Salvadoran general said he was convinced the M67 grenades were destined to fall into the hands of organised criminals, but did not specify why.
The officers and soldiers were booked in a jail in western El Salvador and are facing theft charges in a military court punishable by up to eight years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!