Strauss-Kahn complains of `paparazzi intrusion`
Paris: French police visited former IMF chief
Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s Paris apartment on Wednesday, after his allies claimed that press photographers were trying to enter
Strauss-Kahn continues to be of intense interest to the
world`s media three days after he flew back from the United
States, where he had been charged but then cleared with the
attempted rape of a hotel maid.
On Sunday on arrival back at his flat in the historic and
expensive Place des Vosges, a Renaissance-era square in the
historic Marais district, the 62-year-old Socialist politician
smiled and waved to journalists.
On Monday, Strauss-Kahn`s media advisor said he would soon
talk about the scandal, which wrecked his hopes of running for
the president against Nicolas Sarkozy next year, but now he
appears to be tiring of the attention.
Two uniformed officers and several plain clothes agents
visited the apartment for around an hour today.
"The police are checking a problem of paparazzi
intrusion," Strauss-Kahn`s lawyer Henri Leclerc told
reporters, denying rumours the officers were seeking to
question him about another separate complaint of attempted
A member of the economist`s inner circle, speaking on
condition of anonymity, said: "The police were inspecting
the premises following repeated intrusions into the building
and the car park by photographers."
French writer Tristane Banon has alleged that
Strauss-Kahn, who was a notorious womaniser even before he was
accused of sexual assault in New York this year, tried to rape
her in an empty Paris apartment in 2003.
Strauss-Kahn denied both claims. The New York prosecutor`s
case fall apart when it emerged that his accuser there had a
history of dishonesty, but he may still face questioning in
France over the earlier alleged incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information