Suicide attack foiled in Somalia
Mogadishu: Police in Somalia have said they foiled a suicide attack in the capital city of Mogadishu, a media report said on Saturday.
Islamist militants tried to carry out a suicide attack when a gunman armed with explosives tried to ram a petrol tanker into the city`s port area, Xinhua reported citing police officials.
At least three police officers were killed and four were wounded on Thursday after a car bomb exploded outside the gate of the international airport in Mogadishu.
Al Qaeda-linked group Al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for the airport attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender