Suicide attack foiled in Somalia
Mogadishu: Police in Somalia have said they foiled a suicide attack in the capital city of Mogadishu, a media report said on Saturday.
Islamist militants tried to carry out a suicide attack when a gunman armed with explosives tried to ram a petrol tanker into the city`s port area, Xinhua reported citing police officials.
At least three police officers were killed and four were wounded on Thursday after a car bomb exploded outside the gate of the international airport in Mogadishu.
Al Qaeda-linked group Al-Shabab has claimed responsibility for the airport attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister