Suicide bomber kills Iraqi MP, three guards
Baghdad: A suicide bomber Tuesday blew himself up near a Sunni lawmaker in Iraq, killing him and three of his bodyguards, Xinhua reported.
The suicide bomber wearing an explosive vest detonated himself near Eifan al-Issawi, a lawmaker from the Sunni-backed parliamentary bloc of Iraqia.
The attack took place around 2 p.m. in Fallujah, 50 km west of the capital city of Baghdad, police said.
"Issawi and three of his bodyguards were killed in the blast, which also wounded two of his bodyguards and two civilians," police said.
Issawi was in the area to check his under-construction house, when the bomber attacked him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason