Suspect in Hamas leader killing arrested in Canada
Dubai: A suspect in the assassination of senior Hamas leader Mahmoud Al Mabhouh, who was killed in a Dubai hotel in January this year, has been arrested in Canada,
the Dubai police said here.
Dubai Police chief Lieutenant-General Dahi Khalfan Tamim told reporters that the Canadian authorities have arrested a suspect who is connected to the murder of Al
Mabhouh but refused to divulge further details.
Al Mabhouh was killed in a hotel here on January 19 and the Dubai police had blamed the plot on Mossad agents.
Arabic media reports said the suspect was one of the two men whose images were caught on the hotel`s CCTV cameras.
The footage showed the suspects wearing tennis gear as they stalked Al Mabhouh and followed him to his room in the hotel.
Tamim said that he has been informed of the arrest "verbally" by a representative from the Canadian embassy.
Twelve British, six Irish, four French, one German and three Australian passports were used by the 26 people who are believed to be involved in the killing.
The use of faked passports had angered the countries concerned.
Both Britain and Australia expelled Israeli diplomats from their countries even as Israel maintained that there was no evidence to implicate Mossad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference