Suspect in Hamas leader killing arrested in Canada
Dubai: A suspect in the assassination of senior Hamas leader Mahmoud Al Mabhouh, who was killed in a Dubai hotel in January this year, has been arrested in Canada,
the Dubai police said here.
Dubai Police chief Lieutenant-General Dahi Khalfan Tamim told reporters that the Canadian authorities have arrested a suspect who is connected to the murder of Al
Mabhouh but refused to divulge further details.
Al Mabhouh was killed in a hotel here on January 19 and the Dubai police had blamed the plot on Mossad agents.
Arabic media reports said the suspect was one of the two men whose images were caught on the hotel`s CCTV cameras.
The footage showed the suspects wearing tennis gear as they stalked Al Mabhouh and followed him to his room in the hotel.
Tamim said that he has been informed of the arrest "verbally" by a representative from the Canadian embassy.
Twelve British, six Irish, four French, one German and three Australian passports were used by the 26 people who are believed to be involved in the killing.
The use of faked passports had angered the countries concerned.
Both Britain and Australia expelled Israeli diplomats from their countries even as Israel maintained that there was no evidence to implicate Mossad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video