Swiss court finds trio guilty in Swiss bomb plot
highest criminal court has found a trio of activists guilty of
plotting a bomb attack on a planned IBM nanotech research
facility near Zurich.
A panel of judges today found 35-year-old Costantino
Alfonso Ragusa, his 29-year-old wife Silvia Ragusa Guerini and
their 26-year-old Swiss friend Luca "Billy" Cristos Bernasconi
each guilty of conspiring to destroy the research centre as it
All three were handed prison sentences longer than
three years and slightly higher than what prosecutors
Police say the three were detained in April 2010,
about two miles (3 kilometres) from the IBM facility, with
explosive gel and fuel almost as powerful as TNT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?