Swiss court finds trio guilty in Swiss bomb plot
highest criminal court has found a trio of activists guilty of
plotting a bomb attack on a planned IBM nanotech research
facility near Zurich.
A panel of judges today found 35-year-old Costantino
Alfonso Ragusa, his 29-year-old wife Silvia Ragusa Guerini and
their 26-year-old Swiss friend Luca "Billy" Cristos Bernasconi
each guilty of conspiring to destroy the research centre as it
All three were handed prison sentences longer than
three years and slightly higher than what prosecutors
Police say the three were detained in April 2010,
about two miles (3 kilometres) from the IBM facility, with
explosive gel and fuel almost as powerful as TNT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say