Swiss court finds trio guilty in Swiss bomb plot
highest criminal court has found a trio of activists guilty of
plotting a bomb attack on a planned IBM nanotech research
facility near Zurich.
A panel of judges today found 35-year-old Costantino
Alfonso Ragusa, his 29-year-old wife Silvia Ragusa Guerini and
their 26-year-old Swiss friend Luca "Billy" Cristos Bernasconi
each guilty of conspiring to destroy the research centre as it
All three were handed prison sentences longer than
three years and slightly higher than what prosecutors
Police say the three were detained in April 2010,
about two miles (3 kilometres) from the IBM facility, with
explosive gel and fuel almost as powerful as TNT.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know