Sydney urinals shaped like woman`s lips criticised
A newly-opened French restaurant in Sydney said it will remove two urinals designed to resemble a woman`s lipsticked mouth.
"We sincerely apologise if they have caused offence. They are being removed today," the Mail quoted a spokeswoman as saying.
The stylish restaurant opened three weeks ago, with the Sydney Morning Herald`s food reviewer describing the urinals as "no real surprise here at Ananas, merely adding to the extraordinary collision of statements and intent".
But feminist, former political adviser and writer Anne Summers said the design was offensive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city