Sydney urinals shaped like woman`s lips criticised
A newly-opened French restaurant in Sydney said it will remove two urinals designed to resemble a woman`s lipsticked mouth.
"We sincerely apologise if they have caused offence. They are being removed today," the Mail quoted a spokeswoman as saying.
The stylish restaurant opened three weeks ago, with the Sydney Morning Herald`s food reviewer describing the urinals as "no real surprise here at Ananas, merely adding to the extraordinary collision of statements and intent".
But feminist, former political adviser and writer Anne Summers said the design was offensive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University