Syria crisis: Air strikes around Damascus kill 12
Damascus: Activists have claimed that twelve people lost their lives due to an air strike in the vicinity of Damascus on Monday.
The air raid was on a gas station and of the people dead, there were mostly women and children.
It was in Mleiha that the incident happened and a video was uploaded on the net that showed the aftermath of the blast.
Syrian President, Bashar al-Assad’s is desperately trying to get the captured areas around Damascus back from the rebels, triggering violence and unrest in the area.
It is reported that more than 46,000 people have died so far in Syria in the conflict between the forces of President Bashar al-Assad and the rebels.
And UN-Arab League envoy Lakhdar Brahimi had already warned that 2013 could be worse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss