Taiwan issues sea warning for tropical storm
Taipei: Taiwan has issued a sea warning for Tropical Storm Meari and cautioned residents on the eastern and southern parts of the island to watch out for torrential rain.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the storm was 340 miles (550 kilometres) south of Taiwan`s southern tip as of Friday morning, and was moving north at 15 miles (25 kilometres) per hour.
The bureau says ships off the island`s eastern and southern coasts should brace for the storm, and that heavy rain may hit eastern and southern Taiwan on Saturday.
It says the storm may gain strength as it moves past the East China Sea toward the Korean peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!