Taiwan issues sea warning for tropical storm
Taipei: Taiwan has issued a sea warning for Tropical Storm Meari and cautioned residents on the eastern and southern parts of the island to watch out for torrential rain.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the storm was 340 miles (550 kilometres) south of Taiwan`s southern tip as of Friday morning, and was moving north at 15 miles (25 kilometres) per hour.
The bureau says ships off the island`s eastern and southern coasts should brace for the storm, and that heavy rain may hit eastern and southern Taiwan on Saturday.
It says the storm may gain strength as it moves past the East China Sea toward the Korean peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble