Taiwan issues sea warning for tropical storm
Taipei: Taiwan has issued a sea warning for Tropical Storm Meari and cautioned residents on the eastern and southern parts of the island to watch out for torrential rain.
Taiwan`s Central Weather Bureau says the storm was 340 miles (550 kilometres) south of Taiwan`s southern tip as of Friday morning, and was moving north at 15 miles (25 kilometres) per hour.
The bureau says ships off the island`s eastern and southern coasts should brace for the storm, and that heavy rain may hit eastern and southern Taiwan on Saturday.
It says the storm may gain strength as it moves past the East China Sea toward the Korean peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron