Teen survives flight in aircraft wheel in Nigeria
Lagos: A Nigerian airline says a teenager hid in the wheel well of a plane and survived a 35-minute domestic flight.
Arik Airline managing director Chris Ndulue said Sunday the incident magnifies "incessant security lapses at our airports."
Arik spokesman Ola Adebanji said passengers and crew had alerted the pilots and the Federal Aviation Agency that a boy was seen running to the plane as it was taxiing to take off Saturday from southern Benin City.
Agency spokesman Yakubu Dati said security agents swept the area and found nothing.
Adebanji said a boy aged 13 or 14 jumped out of the wheel well when the plane landed in the commercial capital of Lagos. He was arrested by Arik personnel.
Nigeria has a history of major aviation disasters and security challenges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says