Texas woman indicted in ricin letter-to-Obama case
Texarkana (US): A federal grand jury has indicted a woman who authorities say sent ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others in an attempt to frame her estranged husband.
Prosecutors announced today that 35-year-old Shannon Richardson is named in a three-count indictment. Richardson is accused of sending threatening letters in May to Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of the mayor`s gun-control group.
Richardson, of Texas, was arrested June 7. She faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges.
Richardson`s court-appointed attorney, Tonda Curry, was not immediately available for comment today.
The government alleges she mailed the letters to pin the crime on Nathan Richardson, the man she married in 2011. He filed for divorce earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!
- Pakistan to host West Indies for pink ball Test in UAE