Texas woman indicted in ricin letter-to-Obama case
Texarkana (US): A federal grand jury has indicted a woman who authorities say sent ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others in an attempt to frame her estranged husband.
Prosecutors announced today that 35-year-old Shannon Richardson is named in a three-count indictment. Richardson is accused of sending threatening letters in May to Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of the mayor`s gun-control group.
Richardson, of Texas, was arrested June 7. She faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges.
Richardson`s court-appointed attorney, Tonda Curry, was not immediately available for comment today.
The government alleges she mailed the letters to pin the crime on Nathan Richardson, the man she married in 2011. He filed for divorce earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users