Texas woman indicted in ricin letter-to-Obama case
Texarkana (US): A federal grand jury has indicted a woman who authorities say sent ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others in an attempt to frame her estranged husband.
Prosecutors announced today that 35-year-old Shannon Richardson is named in a three-count indictment. Richardson is accused of sending threatening letters in May to Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of the mayor`s gun-control group.
Richardson, of Texas, was arrested June 7. She faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges.
Richardson`s court-appointed attorney, Tonda Curry, was not immediately available for comment today.
The government alleges she mailed the letters to pin the crime on Nathan Richardson, the man she married in 2011. He filed for divorce earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway