Texas woman indicted in ricin letter-to-Obama case
Texarkana (US): A federal grand jury has indicted a woman who authorities say sent ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others in an attempt to frame her estranged husband.
Prosecutors announced today that 35-year-old Shannon Richardson is named in a three-count indictment. Richardson is accused of sending threatening letters in May to Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of the mayor`s gun-control group.
Richardson, of Texas, was arrested June 7. She faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges.
Richardson`s court-appointed attorney, Tonda Curry, was not immediately available for comment today.
The government alleges she mailed the letters to pin the crime on Nathan Richardson, the man she married in 2011. He filed for divorce earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant