Texas woman indicted in ricin letter-to-Obama case
Texarkana (US): A federal grand jury has indicted a woman who authorities say sent ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and others in an attempt to frame her estranged husband.
Prosecutors announced today that 35-year-old Shannon Richardson is named in a three-count indictment. Richardson is accused of sending threatening letters in May to Obama, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of the mayor`s gun-control group.
Richardson, of Texas, was arrested June 7. She faces up to five years in prison on each of the charges.
Richardson`s court-appointed attorney, Tonda Curry, was not immediately available for comment today.
The government alleges she mailed the letters to pin the crime on Nathan Richardson, the man she married in 2011. He filed for divorce earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter