Thai King suffers brain bleeding
Bangkok: Thailand`s 84-year-old King has suffered brain bleeding, forcing him to cancel a planned trip to a nearby province, the Royal Palace announced on Friday.
King Bhumibol Adulyadej had "experienced intermittent twitching of his right hand and his heart beat was slightly increased last night.
“An X-ray computerised tomography of his brain revealed that there was minute subdural bleeding in the left frontal area. After medication was given intravenously last night the seizure disappeared," a statement said.
It said that doctors urged him not to take on any duties for a while.
Doctors said that after the medication the King`s right hand movement, heart beat and pressure were normal.
The King had been scheduled to visit a development project on Sunday in the western province of Ratchaburi.
The King was admitted to the hospital in September 2009 after suffering respiratory problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab