Thai King suffers brain bleeding
Bangkok: Thailand`s 84-year-old King has suffered brain bleeding, forcing him to cancel a planned trip to a nearby province, the Royal Palace announced on Friday.
King Bhumibol Adulyadej had "experienced intermittent twitching of his right hand and his heart beat was slightly increased last night.
“An X-ray computerised tomography of his brain revealed that there was minute subdural bleeding in the left frontal area. After medication was given intravenously last night the seizure disappeared," a statement said.
It said that doctors urged him not to take on any duties for a while.
Doctors said that after the medication the King`s right hand movement, heart beat and pressure were normal.
The King had been scheduled to visit a development project on Sunday in the western province of Ratchaburi.
The King was admitted to the hospital in September 2009 after suffering respiratory problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days