Thai King suffers brain bleeding
Bangkok: Thailand`s 84-year-old King has suffered brain bleeding, forcing him to cancel a planned trip to a nearby province, the Royal Palace announced on Friday.
King Bhumibol Adulyadej had "experienced intermittent twitching of his right hand and his heart beat was slightly increased last night.
“An X-ray computerised tomography of his brain revealed that there was minute subdural bleeding in the left frontal area. After medication was given intravenously last night the seizure disappeared," a statement said.
It said that doctors urged him not to take on any duties for a while.
Doctors said that after the medication the King`s right hand movement, heart beat and pressure were normal.
The King had been scheduled to visit a development project on Sunday in the western province of Ratchaburi.
The King was admitted to the hospital in September 2009 after suffering respiratory problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH