Thai King suffers brain bleeding
Bangkok: Thailand`s 84-year-old King has suffered brain bleeding, forcing him to cancel a planned trip to a nearby province, the Royal Palace announced on Friday.
King Bhumibol Adulyadej had "experienced intermittent twitching of his right hand and his heart beat was slightly increased last night.
“An X-ray computerised tomography of his brain revealed that there was minute subdural bleeding in the left frontal area. After medication was given intravenously last night the seizure disappeared," a statement said.
It said that doctors urged him not to take on any duties for a while.
Doctors said that after the medication the King`s right hand movement, heart beat and pressure were normal.
The King had been scheduled to visit a development project on Sunday in the western province of Ratchaburi.
The King was admitted to the hospital in September 2009 after suffering respiratory problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured