Thai triple blast: Iranian suspects claim innocence
Bangkok: Two Iranians arrested here over a botched triple blast aimed at Israeli diplomats, a day after a similar "sticky" bomb attack targeted an Israeli embassy car in Delhi, have claimed innocence, saying they did not know anything about the explosives found in their rented house.
The two men appeared in a court here today to stand trial.
Thai police had said earlier that the February 14 bomb plot were aimed at Israeli diplomats.
Sticky bomb that targeted an Israeli embassy car in Delhi on February 13 was also used in the triple explosions here.
The Israeli mission car was carrying Administrative Attache Tal Yehoshua-Koren (40), who was injured when terrorists stuck a magnetic bomb to the vehicle in a high-security area in Delhi. Her driver and two others were also injured in the attack.
During the February 14 blasts in Central Bangkok, police and several witnesses present on the busy road had claimed that one of the Iranians Sayeed Moradi had tried to throw the bomb at a police patrol, instead it fell on his legs severely wounding him.
28-year-old Moradi came in a wheelchair to court today.
Court sources said he will tell the trial that he was shocked to find the explosives in his house and wanted to throw them away out of harm’s way.
The other suspect Mohammad Kharzei, 42, who was arrested on the February 14 night while trying to leave Bangkok for Iran, will also say that he did not know anything about the explosives, the sources said.
The trial is expected to continue till March next year.
One Masoud Sedaghatzadeh was also arrested by Malaysian authorities and he is currently appealing an extradition order to Thailand.
Another suspect is a Middle Eastern man who may have been involved in the blasts.
CCTV camera images at that time had shown him walking from the rented house where the first explosion took place.
He was suspected of training other suspects to assemble bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video