Thousands of Russian spies in US: Ex-CIA agent
New York: There are thousands of Russian
secret agents currently living in the United States, claims a
former double agent who worked for the CIA.
"I would say there are a few thousand here," said
Boris Korczak, a former double agent who was spying on the KGB
"Out of 1,000 spies, one or two will perform, will get
access to our nuclear secrets," he was quoted as saying by the
the New York Post.
Last week, 10 people were accused of being Russian
spies, which sparked memories of the decade long cold war
between the US and Soviet Union.
"The current atmosphere in the US is that we`re having
a love affair with Russia, that the Cold War is over," said
Eugene Poteat, a retired senior CIA operative who served from
"But there are more Russian spies here now than during
the Cold War."
Out of 10 accused, one young woman Anna Chapman (real
name: Anya Kuschenko) has got a lot of television attention by
the press for being something out of a movie plot.
The 28-year-old with fiery red hair, which she dyed
every week, spent a great deal of time cracking the circles of
the political and business elite in New York City.
In photographs broadcast on American television,
Chapman is seeing designer clothes and reportedly hit the
elite bars of Manhattan.
The Post report suggests that the SVR, which is the
successor of the KGB, trains young women in the art of
seduction and Chapman may have been the product of such
During the Cold War, "the Soviet Union had a number of
schools that trained beautiful women how to lure and satisfy
powerful and rich American men sexually and intellectually,"
"They`re called `worm-on-a-hook` agents."
Chapman, who is being held in a federal prison is
reportedly scared of being deported and has contacted her
father Vasily Kuschenko who is suspected of being a former KGB
"She spoke to her father, and her father said, `Go
turn the passport in,`" Richard Baum, her lawyer said.
"Her father said, `You`ve got this passport. It`s
forged. Go turn it into the police,` and that`s exactly what
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued