Three given life imprisonment for Moscow airport bombing
Moscow: A Russian court Monday sentenced three people involved in a terror attack on the Domodedovo airport in Moscow in 2001 to life imprisonment.
Bashir Khamkhoyev, and brothers Islam and Ilez Yandiyev were sentenced to life in prison, Xinhua reported citing a Moscow regional court ruling.
Another accused, Akhmed Yevloyev, was given 10 years in jail.
The suicide terror attack in Domodedovo international airport left 37 people dead and over 170 injured in January 2011.
The four had assisted the suicide bomber, Magomed Yavloyev, a brother of one of the accused, to travel to Moscow from Ingush republic in the North Caucasus and made a bomb for him, the ruling said.
Several other men suspected of helping the bomber were killed by security forces during special operations earlier.
Doku Umarov, a Chechen warlord, had claimed responsibility for the attack later.
Also, the Russian criminal investigation organization, the Investigative Committee, Monday said the law enforcement agencies "continue to actively work" on detaining Umarov in connection with Domodedovo bombing and other terror attacks in Russia, including twin bombings in Moscow subway in 2010.
The ruling has not come in force yet as the defendants have 10 days to appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far