Three killed in US chopper crash
Washington: A total of three people were killed in a helicopter crash in the US state of Texas, authorities said Friday.
According to The Houston Chronicle, the wreckage and bodies were found in the morning in northeast Kendall county, about 128 km from the state capital Austin, Xinhua reported.
The crash, which involved a Robinson R44, a four-passenger helicopter, occurred Thursday night, said the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
A search began Thursday evening after an airborne pilot reported an emergency locator beacon transmitting in the area of the crash, said Jason Reyes with the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks and Wildlife, local volunteer fire crews and emergency medical personnel, along with a helicopter, joined the search overnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?