Three relatives of pope killed in Argentina accident
Buenos Aires: Three relatives of Pope Francis, two great nephews and their mother, have been killed in a traffic accident in Argentina, police said Tuesday.
The dead include a baby of eight months and a two-year-old toddler, police commissioner Carina Ferreyra said. Their father, the pope`s nephew Horacio Bergoglio, is in serious condition, she told AFP.
The accident happened after midnight in the central province of Cordoba when the family was traveling on a highway.
For reasons that are under investigation the car hit a truck from behind.
The pope`s nephew has been hospitalized with multiple injuries. Official details of his condition have not been released.
He is the son of Alberto, the pope`s late brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song