Three relatives of pope killed in Argentina accident
Buenos Aires: Three relatives of Pope Francis, two great nephews and their mother, have been killed in a traffic accident in Argentina, police said Tuesday.
The dead include a baby of eight months and a two-year-old toddler, police commissioner Carina Ferreyra said. Their father, the pope`s nephew Horacio Bergoglio, is in serious condition, she told AFP.
The accident happened after midnight in the central province of Cordoba when the family was traveling on a highway.
For reasons that are under investigation the car hit a truck from behind.
The pope`s nephew has been hospitalized with multiple injuries. Official details of his condition have not been released.
He is the son of Alberto, the pope`s late brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand