Three relatives of pope killed in Argentina accident
Buenos Aires: Three relatives of Pope Francis, two great nephews and their mother, have been killed in a traffic accident in Argentina, police said Tuesday.
The dead include a baby of eight months and a two-year-old toddler, police commissioner Carina Ferreyra said. Their father, the pope`s nephew Horacio Bergoglio, is in serious condition, she told AFP.
The accident happened after midnight in the central province of Cordoba when the family was traveling on a highway.
For reasons that are under investigation the car hit a truck from behind.
The pope`s nephew has been hospitalized with multiple injuries. Official details of his condition have not been released.
He is the son of Alberto, the pope`s late brother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley