Tibet group video allegedly shows nun burning
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group has released graphic video of what it says is a Buddhist nun setting herself on fire in one of several apparent protests against Chinese rule.
Footage obtained by Students for a Free Tibet purports to show 35-year-old Palden Choetso. Her death on November 03 in predominantly Tibetan Ganzi prefecture in Sichuan province has previously been reported.
The video shows a woman in nun`s robes standing on a street corner engulfed in flame.
It also shows about 10,000 mourners gathering at a monastery for a candlelight vigil to pay their respects to the nun while about 1,000 monks and nuns hold prayers inside.
At least 11 monks, nuns, and former monks have self-immolated this year in what are seen as acts of desperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray