Tibet group video allegedly shows nun burning
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group has released graphic video of what it says is a Buddhist nun setting herself on fire in one of several apparent protests against Chinese rule.
Footage obtained by Students for a Free Tibet purports to show 35-year-old Palden Choetso. Her death on November 03 in predominantly Tibetan Ganzi prefecture in Sichuan province has previously been reported.
The video shows a woman in nun`s robes standing on a street corner engulfed in flame.
It also shows about 10,000 mourners gathering at a monastery for a candlelight vigil to pay their respects to the nun while about 1,000 monks and nuns hold prayers inside.
At least 11 monks, nuns, and former monks have self-immolated this year in what are seen as acts of desperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional