Tibet group video allegedly shows nun burning
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group has released graphic video of what it says is a Buddhist nun setting herself on fire in one of several apparent protests against Chinese rule.
Footage obtained by Students for a Free Tibet purports to show 35-year-old Palden Choetso. Her death on November 03 in predominantly Tibetan Ganzi prefecture in Sichuan province has previously been reported.
The video shows a woman in nun`s robes standing on a street corner engulfed in flame.
It also shows about 10,000 mourners gathering at a monastery for a candlelight vigil to pay their respects to the nun while about 1,000 monks and nuns hold prayers inside.
At least 11 monks, nuns, and former monks have self-immolated this year in what are seen as acts of desperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16