Tibet group video allegedly shows nun burning
Beijing: A Tibetan rights group has released graphic video of what it says is a Buddhist nun setting herself on fire in one of several apparent protests against Chinese rule.
Footage obtained by Students for a Free Tibet purports to show 35-year-old Palden Choetso. Her death on November 03 in predominantly Tibetan Ganzi prefecture in Sichuan province has previously been reported.
The video shows a woman in nun`s robes standing on a street corner engulfed in flame.
It also shows about 10,000 mourners gathering at a monastery for a candlelight vigil to pay their respects to the nun while about 1,000 monks and nuns hold prayers inside.
At least 11 monks, nuns, and former monks have self-immolated this year in what are seen as acts of desperation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?